Sunday, September 2, 2007

Down at the old Bass Pond

I'm starting this journal or blog (I hate that word) at the request of family and friends. I torture them daily with reports of the goin' ons of what's happening down at the pond. I never dreamed those old fish down there could ever inspired me to actually sit down and write about their beady little eyes staring up at me and their day to day activities but they have.

I've always loved my pond - it's a small pond by farm pond standards I suppose at about an acre and located in western Kentucky. A few years ago I bought some commercial fish feed and took it down there and threw it in. I waited and waited and eventually after about ten minutes I did get a bit of activity on the top of the pond. I was hooked... I couldn't see a thing in the muddy old pond but I was still hooked. It could have been a wiley old mermaid down there playing me for a fool but I didn't care - SOMETHING was in my POND!

Well ever since then I've been trying to find better and better ways to make my pond more entertaining for me and I thought if I make this little journal (I just can't use that blog word) perhaps then some of you out there may have some suggestions for me. My ideal pond would be as clear as Weeki Wachee - so I'm not being realistic... grumble.. grumble.. Well, I want to at least see my fish!
Click to view full size image

Well, I'll get on with it then...

No comments: