Thursday, September 20, 2007

I've been busy!


This photo is an old one from the 12th of September. If you click on it it will expand.

I haven't been lazy and I've been feeding but I have an out of town guest and I haven't had a chance to post and certainly haven't been taking photos. I barely have had time to scurry my butt down there and have been pushing it to even get to the pond by 3 or 4 to feed. Yesterday my out of town guest (my sister) came with me and fished a bit (after I fed the bass and sent them on their way). She caught about 15 bluegill almost all of them eating size and one was a whopping 9 inch long and fat too. As usual, no one wanted to clean them so back in the pond they went.

Before she leaves to wing her way back across the U.S. we have to get some of them outta there! I have wayyyyy too many large bluegill in that pond!

Poor ole Meanandlean's face is all scraped up and cut. I know it's from chasing baby bluegill into those cement blocks and I've got to do something about it. I'm either going to turn the blocks on their side so there aren't any hidey holes or put rocks down there on each side so the fish can't swim in. I hate it that he's all scraped to hell like that. He's so skinny and such a poor hunter to begin with he needs all the help he can get. He comes up and looks at me and just pleads. I just can't stand it. I sure with I had some kind of food he would just try.

My sister picked up a net by the pond today while I was feeding without me knowing about it. She said she wanted to pick up Brownie (that's the smallest snake and he was out there today). I could have told her you can't pick up a net or fishing pole or anything with the water being clear unless you hide behind the weeds so the fish can't see you. Well, she did and there was an immediate splashing and then NO fish. They were all gone in an instant. I just left and went back to the house. She should have believed me. I don't know about fish in other ponds or in lakes or in the ocean but the fish in my pond are GONE when a fishing pole is brandished! You have to hide or the water can't be real clear or the sun has to be low like it was the day before. My fish think and I don't care what anyone says.
Oh yeah.. One more thing I've been meaning to mention... You may have to search back but there are bass on the other side of the pond I feed and one in particular is named Ole Sam Bass. None of those bass except one little one over there will eat anything except grasshoppers and then not the brown grasshoppers. Ole Sam Bass has taken to making runs at me on occasion... I ain't a bit skeered I'll have you know but I just thought I'd make a note of it. I thought it was a mistake at first. It's not. He's definitely not pleased with me for some reason and is making runs at me. Maybe I don't throw grasshoppers to his liking or maybe I don't throw them well. I don't know but he does it sometimes... Strange things are always going on down there at the pond. After the snake eating hotdog nothing surprises me anymore... Glad I caught that on tape!