Sunday, September 16, 2007

Meanandlean was at it again today. He's the funniest guy! This time he was using Rocky as a "wall" to help him catch bluegill. You might be able to see that Rocky has a bit of red on his back. That's how I can identify him from the other snapping turtles in the pond. He's been caught a couple of times and the little girl from across the street put a bit of paint on his back before she put him back in. He's the only snapping turtle that I've put back in the pond - the rest that I've caught have been relocated. I still have quite a few but I really don't know how many. I'll move more though. The pond continues to get murkier and it's so disheartening. One thing I did find today was a great forum on farm ponds and I spent hours reading. I subscribed to a magazine and I'll be asking advice and getting help there. I saw some pretty impressive before and after photos of ponds that looked to be in horrible condition and were cleared up so I'm so relieved that next summer I'll be able to have a great time again with my fish. I know I'll get some of them trained...

Another funny thing that Meanandlean did today - a bit later after I took the photo above Meanandlean was in another location and Rocky was walking by. Meanandlean acted like he was totally unaware of Rocky and Rocky actually stuck his head underneath Meanandlean and picked him up to get by. Neither one of them was going to give an inch to the other. Silly guys! Anyway - I did take a pic of Rocky when he first got his head under Meanandlean:

You can probably click on the pic to enlarge it.

The menu was still hot dogs, commercial feed and bread. I understand that Purina makes a good fish feed that maybe y fish will even like. After I get rid of what I have I'll try that. At the rate I'm going it'll be a year before the bag I have is gone. Maybe my neighbor's geese will eat it - or the raccoons that come around here at night...