Monday, October 1, 2007

Hotdog is murdered

I think Hotdog the snake was murdered and eaten last night. Today when I went to feed the pond was all cruddy on the end where I feed so I didn't bother to take any photos. Hotdog's house (the cement blocks) are out of the water on the shore side now because the pond is so low. There were prints in the mud all near his house and because they were deep in the mud I couldn't be sure what made the prints but surely it had to be raccoons. They are always going near water and would never have resisted the temptation at putting their hands inside those cement blocks where Hotdog would have been. I sure hope they didn't get him but he wasn't there today so I'm afraid they did. I hate it... I sure liked watching that little snake.

Jeez, you can stay home, not watch the news, stick your head in the sand and still something is going to happen to disappoint you and make you feel sad. Oh well. I'll think about it tomorrow.

I need to start thinking about aeration and what I'm going to do. I've tried to educate myself on it some and oh boy is it confusing trying to get through all the hype! I think I need a paddle wheel aerator of some kind but don't know where to begin to look. I'll think about that tomorrow too.

I just threw food out blindly today because I could barely see the fish. As I was leaving and out of food I think I saw Meanandlean come to the shore. I'll look for him tomorrow. I hope to teach him some tricks next year but I don't have any good ones in mind yet. I hate to make any plans because I don't know if my fish are going to survive this drought.

One other thing. I haven't been kicked out of the pond boss forum yet for asking too many questions. http://www.pondboss.com/forums/

Until tomorrow.